Friday, June 26, 2009

Father's Day


Happy Father's Day Sam! I think Sam had a good day. The kids and I had fun celebrating. I am not sure why but for the last month the kids wanted to take Sam mini golfing. So we went on Sat before and had a lot of fun. And of course we made him breakfast, I would say it was in bed, but Ellie was upset that I wasn't feeding her breakfast, so Sam was taking care of her for me.

We are so grateful for Sam. Not alot of people could do what he has done for me and the kids. But he is so supportive of me and the circumstances. He loves the kids and treats Hayleigh and Gordon has his own. I could also go on how much he has fought for Caleb and Cade. He is so great will Ellie, she does love him, even if they picture below says differently! We love you Sam!
I thought this picture of Cade and Hayleigh was cute.
After Church Hayleigh, Bubba and I headed to the cemetery. Gordon got to pick the flowers this year. They were bright yellow and Blue daisy mixed together. Hayleigh hated them, but rearranged them so they looked better. Father's day is really a hard day for me. I love that we can celebrate Sam and celebrate Gordon, but it makes me really ponder on that Hayleigh and Gordon don't get to know there dad on this earth. I know they will in the after life. Again I am so happy they have Sam and Sam is so supportive of me during these hard times. Another reason why I love him. I did record the kids singing a song, but it really is sad to see. I am sure Gordon enjoyed hearing it though.

Also Happy Father's day to my Dad and my 2 father inlaws. I am so blessed to have amazing Grandpa's for my kids.

3 comments:

Garner Family said...

Oh Jam! I got teary eyed reading this. You should be so grateful for Sam and all he has done for you and the kids. Hayleigh and Gordon will know their father later but they have a great dad here for them now! Love ya!

Joe and Nicole said...

You are so blessed! What a great person Sam is. You are doing a wonderful job keeping Gordons memory alive for your kids. You are a fantastic mom, wife, and friend!

Michelle said...

I think it's so great that your two families came together as one. Sam is so great to support you, and Hayleigh and Gordon during times that are especially hard. Happy Father's Day Sam, and from the outside looking in I would say you have some pretty lucky kids to have been blessed with two amazing father's.