
For Sam's 30th Birthday I wanted to do something fun, where we could just get away. We both needed a break. So I worked all month, making sure that the kids were taking care of and that he wouldn't find out. I wanted to fly somewhere, but with Sam's job I just didn't want to take the chance. So I decided that we would go to Estes Park. I have never been there, and I knew how much he loved being in the mountains. This is where we stayed. It was beautiful. It is called the Taharra Lodge. I would recommend it to anyone that lives around here and whats to get away. The owners are this older couple and they are so sweet and make the best breakfast.
Ok well Thursday the day before I was going to do birthday shopping, pack, finish up work and get everything ready, so we could just leave in the morning, and Sam wouldn't have a clue. Little problem. I had the flu. I was throwing up all day. I should have taken a sick day, but I hate doing that when I work at home. I know dumb. So Thursday was just survial mode just to make sure work was done, and they kids were alive. I had to tell Sam Friday morning what we were doing so he could help. He was so excited and helped me get everything ready.
As we are driving up the mountain. Sam gets the flu. We were both sick Friday. Saturday we actually felt better and got to play around, and then today he was sick all the way home. So our weekend, didn't go as planned but it was still nice to get away.
Here is the view from our room

Saturday we went into the Rocky National Park, There were Elk every where. It was amazing. At first I will admit I thought they were fake. Just because they were all over.



After we got home we picked up Caleb and Cade from Grandma and Grandpa's and had Birthday dinner for Sam and Caleb at my parents house.

The kids all picked out Presents for Sam. I just let them pick out what ever. This is what they came up with.
Caleb-A new water bottle
Hayleigh-A movie and roaster sauce
Cade-A tooth brush (Which I am still not sure why he was set on this, but he was for about a week)
Gordon-A big Candy Bar (He knew his dad would share with him)

The funniest part at dinner was, My mom said who ever got the tooth pick in their cake had to help with Dishes (Sam always leads in Clean up, but it was his birthday). Josh got one and Hayleigh and Gordon go the others. Of course we weren't going to have Josh do it a lone with Gordon and Hayleigh. We were all sitting there, and we heard the water running, Gordon took his job very seriously and pushed his chair over to the sink and decided to start dishes. He is such a helper boy. His preschool teacher is always telling me he is picking up after all of the other kids.
3 comments:
I do not know what to say about this little boy. Everyday and in every way he reminds me of myself. He really is a good helper.
too bad that you both were sick! It looks beautiful there, and how awesome that there were that many elk just grazing right in front of you!!!!
It's been a long time since I've touched base with you guys! I love catching up in a weird way through your blog. You guys make such a cute couple & a cute family. I love hearing how you're somehow juggling it all!!! I don't know where you find the time for work too. How are you feeling? I can't remember if I ever invited you to our blog, I thought I did, but I will double check now.
Post a Comment