For those that know me I am not a big camper, I love the outdoors, but I hate being dirty. I was so nervous about this camping trip, especially taking 4 children. I almost backed out when I found out that there were no bathrooms. I will admit it took alot of energy, but our family had so much fun! We did so many new things it was great! It was so fun to see Gordon get so excited about everything.
We went on the funniest Jeep Trip. Sam's uncle has a couple of jeeps and knows all of these trails. It was so much fun! We took them all the way to the top of the mountains.
All of the kids got to get out and switch jeeps, but we didn't want to switch out Gordon's car seat, so Sam let Gordon drive at one point to make up for him having to stay with us. As we were driving into town for the fireworks, We were on the million dollar high way, and we decided just to pull over on the side of the highway and watch them there. Little did we realize they were going to shoot them just up the highway from us. It was amazing. The echoes from the canyon were so unreal. It was probably the best show I have seen.
We also got to go fishing with Grandpa. He had gotten the kids all there own fishing poles. We didn't catch anything, but they sure had fun.
Grandpa also brought out his climbing rope. Caleb was the only one that got it, but the other kids still liked playing with it and just swing.
We had a great time! I am so glad we went. As you can see the kids were all tuckered out on the way home.
3 comments:
Dear Jamie and Sam,
Nice job! it was great to relive the fun of the 4th. Be sure to hard copy these as a family journal. Glad you came. Love, Ama
These pictures really make me miss the mountains. Beautiful. Glad you had a fun trip.
Jamie you have a beautiful family! This is Shannon(fortman) by the way! Just wanted to leave you a comment!
http://shannon-garner.blogspot.com
Post a Comment