
I have lived here for almost three years, and having been dealing with this problem for about 2 and half. The first 6 months Gordon was sick and I really didn't have time to notice that I had cracks all over my house. But the day I first notice, I just looked around and was like what is going on here. The last couple of years, my doors won't shut or lock, I have had pressure cracks in my windows and my stairs have moved away from my house in the back yard. But I have had construction guys on call and the builder has been great to fix things that are going to cause danger to my family (cracked windows). Centix has had to fix 40 homes already of the 105 in my neighbor hood. The reason it took them so long to do mine is because my house was being difficult. It was moving differently than all of the other houses and the insurance company won't pay for it by the way it is moving. It is about a 100,000 project that is about to take place. Centix finally said enough is enough and is worried about the damage it has done to the house so far, so they are paying for it and for my neighbors. There house was doing the same thing, It must be the land our two houses are sitting on.
They are moving us out this Thursday and we will be out around 6 months. But won't move us back until my neighbors are done too. They are paying for our rental and everything. It is in our same neighborhood.
What they are going to do is put the house on stilts and re do the foundation. I have watched them do other houses and it is pretty impressive to watch. I will try and post pictures as they go.
4 comments:
Jamie, hope you don't mind my commenting on your blog. I found it from Elise's blog. It's so fun to see your healthy, growing and happy family!!! I love seeing and hearing from gma how happy you are.
you've been soooo busy! but it looks like you've been having so much fun!
Happy Birthday Hayleigh!
Think of it as an adventure. I am glad it's your adventure and not mine
Holy moley. Well, I'm glad they're doing the right thing and fixing the problem.
Post a Comment