Friday, May 8, 2009

Elizabeth Faye Engelbrecht (ELLIE)

What a week! Ellie was born yesterday at 6:55pm. She was 7lbs 9oz and 20 3/4 inches long. I have been feeling great my whole pregnancy. I didn't have any problems. Monday I went in hoping that I had dilated more and I had. I was a 3 and 65% percent in faced (sp). I thought that was good for me 2 weeks early. Well I also found out that my blood pressure was 144/120. Which apparently that isn't good. So my Dr put my on Bed rest Monday. I was a little annoyed being 38 weeks and bed rest. I had way to much to do. Lucky for me my parents are amazing and took the kids all day long until Sam got home. They even canceled their trip to Seattle.

Thursday morning I went back to the Dr and my blood pressure was still high. My Dr sent Sam and I over to the hospital to get induced. We were both really excited. As I was in labor. Ellie's heart rate started going down so they put me on Oxygen and my Dr and nurses were pretty certain that the cord was round her neck. To their surprise when she came out there was no cord. Later as the Dr was delivering the placenta, she saw that the umbilical cord was not attached to the placenta. Instead of the cord going all they way to the placenta it was attached by a membrane full of blood vessels between the two. The Dr was amazed and said that it is a miracle that Ellie made it. And that it was a good thing I hadn't gone any longer with this pregnancy. Sam and I both know that I was on bed rest for a reason and that The only reason our little girl made it was because of our Heavenly Father. We are both very grateful for our miracle baby.

This is an example of the annoyed looks she gives us and the nurses.
She kind of has an attitude.






I was so excited to see the kids and have them meet their new little sister. The first thing Gordon says to me is

"Mom are you skinny yet" and the next thing out of his mouth was "When is the next one going to pop out" Gotta love three year olds


18 comments:

MOM said...

Let me be the first to tell you congratulations. I am so happy for you and the entire family. I am so happy for me to have a new baby to love. I love Seattle, but I love you and Sam and the kids more. I am glad I could help this week.

Jen said...

Yeah! Congrats! I can't wait to see her!

Anonymous said...

Congratulatons! I am glad she made it here happy and healthy.

Brits said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad she made it safely. She is beautiful!

This Girl said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful! I love her little legs, it looks like they are already a little chubby-so precious!

Kamilli Vanilli said...

She's adorable! Congratulations!!

Tammy said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! I cannot wait to see you both! I will bring you the binki Holder that I made you on Mon or Tues!

Ecstacia said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and you look great.

Tara said...

Congrats Jamie!!! I am so happy for you guys. Everyone looks so cute and happy in these pictures. I LOVE it!! She is darling and I just wish I could hold her. Kind of a crazy story...glad she made it!

Jeni Allen said...

Congratulations Jamie! I had no idea until I checked my blogs today! I'm so glad things worked out well. I'm with Gordan, when's the next one coming????

Betsy said...

Congrats Jamie! She is adorable. Oh, I wish we lived closer so I could hold her!

The Butherus Bunch said...

She is SOOOOOO beautiful!!! I am so happy to hear everything went well for you and Ellie. Miss you.

Garner Family said...

Congrats to you, Sam and the kids! She is a cutie. I can't believe you blogged so soon after you had her. Enjoy miss Ellie while she is little it doesn't last long.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new baby! this is 3 boys and 2 girls?! MAN i AM behind!

Joe and Nicole said...

You are so blessed!!! I am so glad that everything is good. She is very cute. What a wonderful time. Miss you and the family. Take care and look forward to more stories and pictures as she grows!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Now Jaime- where are the pictures with Josh and I? Where's the love-lol! She's so adorable! Now don't forget who was also watching your kids and doing lots of happy meal runs...hehehe. Fun times!

Michelle said...

Congratulations!!! I wish I was there to be able to hold her. She looks great, and so do you in pictures. That is so amazing about the umbilical cord not being attached. It's obvious that she was meant to be in your family.

Chantell Hammond said...

Jamie, I had no idea that you had that whole scary issue. What a miracle! Congrats, and I can't wait to get to see this little cutie! Good Luck with all 5, you'll do great!