Friday, April 23, 2010

Last Snow Day

The end of March we had one last snow storm. It was a crazy 24 hours. It was so warm in the morning, in face I wore shorts and a t shirt to take the kids to school. My mom had told me at 3pm all Hell was going to break loose. And at 3pm the clouds started rolling in and Hail started coming down. Nope this picture isn't snow it is the Hail.


About an hour later it started snowing. Sam and I (being so smart) Decide we should go to Costco. Sam is really good at driving in the snow but I really thought it would be safe, and that the snow couldn't come down that fast. Yea was I wrong. When we came out the snow was so deep and it was so scary driving home. Sam is an amazing driver, but this snow was wet and cars were sliding everywhere. We did well until we hit our completely flat driveway and got stuck.

The kids had a snow day....This is the snow man Hay and Cade made. Look at the lovely arms. The broke branches off my new tree. Hayleigh says "Don't worry mom, we took the berrys off before we broke it off". I couldn't be too mad, but we did have a talk about it.



I love shoveling the driveway. So I stuck Ellie in her exerciser and we went out too. But it was so pointless, by the end of the day my neighbor's driveway cleared up on its own. The Sun was back out. Colorado has crazy weather, but I love never knowing what the day is going to turn out to be.

No comments: