Saturday, July 25, 2009

Grandpa Miller's 80th Birthday

Happy Birthday Grandpa Miller. Saturday we headed over to Montrose to celebrate Sam's Grandpa's 80th Birthday. It was alot of fun meeting more of Sam's family.
I was inside with Ellie because it was almost 100 degrees that day, but I guess they had the kids bobbing for apples. They run out of apples so they started using celery. As you can see the kids didn't care.

Sam and his brothers and sisters.

Some of you may know this, but hotels don't like to have 7 people in a room. After doing some searching I found a cabin that would take all of us. Friday afternoon right before I left for girl's camp for the evening, the lady that booked it called me and said it got cancelled and she didn't know how, but some one else had already booked it. To say the least I started freaking out, because it is hard to find a place for 7. A long story short I found a little cabin at a RV park. It was perfect. We had the pool right outside are door. The kids thought we were camping so it was the best of both worlds.

Colorado is so beautful. The more I travel this state the more I find. We went up to Black Canyon (I think that is what it is called) and hiked around. It was so awesome.
Look at Gordon's face. This is how he is when he doesn't get much sleep.




Later that night we decided to go back, well as we started on this trail it said Bear alert. I hiked a little further, but I wimped out. I couldn't take it. So we turned around. Right as we did we saw a deer jump over the trail right in front of us with two babies. I never have been so close. I don't know if you can see them very well in the picture.


Before we headed home we went to Ouray with Sam's parents. I love this town. We hiked to the bottom of the waterfall.


We also went swimming in the hot springs. It was so much nicer this time, because it wasn't the 4th of July. There was hardly any people.

2 comments:

MOM said...

it looks like you had a great time. I am so glad you guys had the time to get away and enjoy this beautiful state.

Michelle said...

What a fun trip!