Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Last Friday

This last Friday Caleb and Cade got the chance to see their mom this last weekend. It has been a year from last January, so you can image n the emotions with that for everyone. Even for Hayleigh and Gordon. After they left, Hayleigh was very emotional it broke my heart to see her upset. I was on the phone talking to a friend and I looked over and see Gordon comforting his sister. I love the bond these two have with each other. But the reason I think they had a hard time, is because this bond is forming with Caleb and Cade. I couldn't ask for these 4 kids to get along any better.

Gordon just sat there and rub her head and played with her hair. It was so sweet. I was so glad I had my camera near by. Watching Gordon with Hayleigh reminded me how he has always comforts me. Since he was in my tummy to now.



After I saw this, and she looked how I felt. We decided to head to Grandma Dear's and Papas. They always know how to make us happy.

When we got home I was bugged that I only had the engery earlier to shovel part of the driveway and decided I needed to finish (by the way, Sam had no idea I was doing this or I would have gotten in big trouble. He has been working so much I was trying to help him out). So me and the kids got our shovels and started digging. We had about a foot in the driveway because of the wind. When I started hurting, I told the kids we needed to go in, but they didn't want to stop. So I put them in the back yard to shovel the back porch. They both didn't want to stop, even when it was dinner.


7 comments:

Grandma Dear said...

The picture of Gordon comforting his sister is priceless. He really is a softhearted little boy. We are blessed to have him in our family.

Garner Family said...

Okay so you REALLY shouldn't be shoveling the driveway!! But I know how feel about wanting to help out while you are pregnant!

Jen said...

soooo cute!

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness. That is so precious of Gordon to comfort her that way!

Joe and Nicole said...

Grandma Dear is right....a blessing from above. They both are.
I would have sholved too. Sometimes you have to do those things to feel a little normal. Just take care of yourself.

Jenny said...

I love the bond between siblings. They really know, and care about each others feeling. That is a priceless picture.

Chantell Hammond said...

Your kids are so perfect! They melt my heart every time I see pictures of them. And you are in trouble for shoveling the driveway!