Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter

I love Easter. Not the commercial part of it, but the true meaning. Since Gordon died it has brought a whole new meaning to me. That because of the love our savior had for each of us that he suffered so we could all return to our Father in Heaven and be resurrected. That we will see Gordon again. I tried to explain that more to Hayleigh and Gordon this year. But we were at the cemetery and it was raining while I was doing that. So I think they both just wanted to get back in the car.

Saturday before Easter, Hayleigh Gordon, Sam and I decorated our eggs. Caleb and Cade weren't home Saturday. We missed them though.


These pictures are out of order and I am too lazy to fix it. Grandma's ward had an Easter egg hunt. So Cade, Hayleigh, and Gordon went. They had so much fun.

To make sure it was fair, they were only allowed a certain number of eggs. Caden was so cute, because every time he got one he would stop and count.
Grandma and the kiddos after the hunt
These two crack me up. They can be the best of friends or the worse of enemies. Most of the time they get along great. But there are times they are on each other nerves. I guess it would be hard to get a twin out of the blue and get used to them being around with you all of the time.

Sunday, we went to church with Grandma and Papa because they were speaking. They both did a wonderful job talking about our Savior and the atonement.

Aren't they cute?

After church we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Engelbrechts and had dinner and the kids hunted for their Golden eggs. We had to do it inside because it rained all day on Easter. As you can see Gordon was pretty excited. Then we went back to Grandma's and Papa's for dessert.

2 comments:

Joe and Nicole said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. Your family is beautiful.

Grandma Dear said...

I can't believe how cute the kids were on Easter and I didn't get to see them until after they had changed clothes. We did have a great Easter, didn't we?