The thing that made me mad is as you can see in the pictures there are empty shelfs. Since we moved in a month ago, we didn't have time to organize the basement and put the boxes with paper on the shelfs, so we had to throw away some paper and books, but mostly everything else come out good. Some of my past taxes got ruined, but in between that was some letters from Gordon. So I was so grateful the important stuff was ok. We just had to put everything in new boxes. We are so gratful that it wasn't as bad as it good be. Thank goodness the kids wanted cherrios for breakfast and Sam had to go to the basement to get them, because It could have been days til we found this. Well Maybe not, because we had a river coming out of the side of the house.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
"Come Here, I have something to show you"
On Tuesday, Sam kept calling me to come here. I was trying to get a bunch of work done before he left for work. He kept yelling " Come here I have something to show you." It was making me more mad he just wouldn't tell me. I went down to the basement to find it flooded. Thank goodness, we catch it in time. We had had problems with our pump on the Thursday before, and the construction guys said they fixed it. Well apparently not. We had so much rain the few days before and there is a lake on the golf course right behind us. Our neighbors house flooded that afternoon, but it is in foreclosure so no one was there. We called centix and they were awesome to have it cleaned up in about three hours. Even though I have had so many problems with my real house and now the rental. They have been so great to fix everything when I call.
The thing that made me mad is as you can see in the pictures there are empty shelfs. Since we moved in a month ago, we didn't have time to organize the basement and put the boxes with paper on the shelfs, so we had to throw away some paper and books, but mostly everything else come out good. Some of my past taxes got ruined, but in between that was some letters from Gordon. So I was so grateful the important stuff was ok. We just had to put everything in new boxes. We are so gratful that it wasn't as bad as it good be. Thank goodness the kids wanted cherrios for breakfast and Sam had to go to the basement to get them, because It could have been days til we found this. Well Maybe not, because we had a river coming out of the side of the house.

The thing that made me mad is as you can see in the pictures there are empty shelfs. Since we moved in a month ago, we didn't have time to organize the basement and put the boxes with paper on the shelfs, so we had to throw away some paper and books, but mostly everything else come out good. Some of my past taxes got ruined, but in between that was some letters from Gordon. So I was so grateful the important stuff was ok. We just had to put everything in new boxes. We are so gratful that it wasn't as bad as it good be. Thank goodness the kids wanted cherrios for breakfast and Sam had to go to the basement to get them, because It could have been days til we found this. Well Maybe not, because we had a river coming out of the side of the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sucks but I'm glad that it wasn't worse!
What a nightmare, Jamie! I am so sorry.
Ah that's horrible. I'm glad that nothing major was ruined.
Post a Comment