We didn't tell her til that night, she had already gone once with grandma and grandpa the night before, but she was so excited. She run upstairs and put on some cowgirl stuff, as soon as Sam got home she had already found a hat for him to wear.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Denver Stock Show
I finally got to go the Denver Stock show! I hate horses and am scared to death of them so I don't know why I have wanted to go the last 4 years. But I love rodeos. I would always go with Gordon when he would work at them. I will admit though, it wasn't as fun as the ones in Vegas. But we still had a good time. Everyone got to go except for Caleb. Hayleigh who got to go three times that week. When Sam and I started looking at going, we saw a show called "Dancing Horses". Sam was so excited to take her. So they made it a Daddy Daughter date. Seriously what are Hayleigh's two favorite things. HORSES and DANCING.
We didn't tell her til that night, she had already gone once with grandma and grandpa the night before, but she was so excited. She run upstairs and put on some cowgirl stuff, as soon as Sam got home she had already found a hat for him to wear.

I had been in depress mode, since Gordon's death anniversary was the next day. Sam took us all to the rodeo. I wish I was in a better mood, but I am so blessed to have a husband who is so understanding. Here is Hayleigh and Gordon next to this huge tractor.
Ellie LOVED the Rodeo. She loved watching. She might just be like her sister! Hayleigh keeps saying she is going to make her husband buy her a horse.
We didn't tell her til that night, she had already gone once with grandma and grandpa the night before, but she was so excited. She run upstairs and put on some cowgirl stuff, as soon as Sam got home she had already found a hat for him to wear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so proud of you for going to the stock show. I know your fear of horses made it a real sacrifice. I loved the fact the Sam took Hayleigh on a daddy daughter date. What a good dad.
You served in YW for how long?...5 years? After that you should be fearless. ;) Looks like you guys had a good time. Maybe someday we'll actually go as well!
Sounds like steff and hayleigh are made out of the same mold. I've never seen a girl more horse crazy than Steff and with no possibility of getting a horse! She said she'd marry a guy with horses also. We'll see!
Post a Comment