After getting harassed about not updating my blog this month I finally gave in. No we just have been so busy with a lot of things.
First Sam got this amazing job offer, so we have been busy adjusting to our two work schedules and taking care of the kids and fitting all of the other stuff in between. I think we have done pretty well, except we are both insanely busy. But who isn't
Second I love Fall, Colorado is so beautiful in the fall and I love being out side. We have enjoyed spending time at both my and Sam's parents playing in the yards. First Sam's parents have an awesome Garden. So awesome we didn't even have to go to a pumpkin patch, we just went to Grandma and Grandpa's.



Third, I have been fighting with Gordon to take off these cowboy boots. He wants to wear them 24/7. Grandma gave them to him for after his surgery (which is at the bottom of this post). Hayleigh had a pair of red ones she got from Grandma when we were living in Vegas. They are a size 8. Gordon is in almost a size 10. But every time we go to Grandma's he tried to stuff his huge foot into them. So Grandma thought he needed his own pair. Which are cute, but honestly he wants them all the time. He was so excited when he got them.

Fourth, We love going to Grandma and Papa's to play in the leaves. They have amazing trees and for the last couple of years, the kids and I go there in the afternoons so they can jump in them. My dad is such a sport to keep raking them up for us. But after the kids are done we help pick them up and put them in trash bags, and wait for more to fall.



Fifth, My baby had to have a biopsy done on his lymph nodes. As most of you know his Dad died from Lymphoma and so this brought back alot of emotions this last month. I didn't tell hardly anyone, but I knew how much pain it brought back to me and I didn't want others to worry. He has had enlarge lymph nodes all over his next down into his arm pits. This can be VERY normal for children, but because of the history of Gordon, my dr didn't want to take any chances. She said for any other child she wouldn't have done it. I just got the results yesturday and he is great! So phew!

Gordon was really made at Sam and I because he didn't get breakfast. So while we were waiting the nurse promised Gordon he would get a popsicle and pudding when he woke up. After evertime the nurse did something (blood preasure, weight, etc) he would want his food and would get mad everytime I told him no.
This is Gordon trying to wake up, Ok, so you can see he as a grumpy look on his face. The nurse asked him whats wrong and he said "I want my pudding" and this is after he woke up the first time wanting his Popsicle.

Once Gordon was a wake he ate all afternoon. He had Ice cream, 2 bags of chips, 2 fruit snacks, and the kicker was my salad. He loved the mushrooms and broccoli. What was werid and was nice, was his nurse after they moved him to his room was one of Gordon's when he would get blood transfusions. She couldn't believe how big my baby has gotten. since he was only 4 months at the time. She was great with Gordon, and even took him back to the pantry and let him a pick out anything he wanted. Of course he got chocolate ice cream. He was suppose to spend the night, but he did so good and ate so much they let me take him home. I just had to bring him back in the morning so they could check him and take out the tubing.

Ok and if you notice the ticker to the right the
Finally reason is Sam and I decide that 4 kids was WAY to easy. So we are having another one! Why not! We are really excited. We thought it would take awhile, but it didn't. All of the kids are way excited as are we. Some of you know, but Sam announced at one of our family reuions this last summer that I was. It was a joke, but after words, we were like why not, Gordon is going to be 4 next summer and we don't want a huge gap between them if we can help it. Hopefully I will be better about keeping this updated.
11 comments:
OH MY GOSH, CONGATULATIONS!! I am so excited for you!
Gordon looks so brave. I love his grumpy face when he's waking up. I'm so glad that everything is okay with him.
What a busy life! Can you watch my kids?!?! JUST KIDDING!
Yay, I love hearing from you! You are crazy, crazy busy. Jamie, how do you work and maintain the feeling that you are close with your kids? I am really really struggling with that. I cry a lot.
Anyway, I love you. Congratulations on number FIVE!! Wahoo!
Wow you guys have had a lot going on. I am so glad to hear that Gordon did so great after his surgery. That must have been so scary for you.
That is awesome about the pregnancy. We are so very excited for you guys!!!
How exciting another baby! I am so happy for you. I know how you feel about being busy. Hope everything else is okay.
HOORAY JAIME!!! Wow you are one busy mama, and I am so excited for you!! Hope you feel ok. Thank goodness Gordon is alright.
It sounds like you need your mom to help you out once in a while. I speak the BABY. You guys are such a great family. I'm proud to call you mine.
Congratulations! What exciting news!
I'm so happy to see your update! You weren't lying, it has been a long time. But I'm way excited for you!! So crazy about the whole surgery with little Gordon (who isn't so little anymore). I'm glad everything went well and he is fine. I'm sorry you had to go through all that again. Can't wait to see you!
WOW you have been busy!!! Congrats on the baby!! That is SO exciting!!!!
What a little trooper Gordon is with his surgery. I imagine the whole thing was very scary for you. Don't get between a man and his food! LOL!
Oh Jamie how scary about Gordon but what a relief. And congrats on the pregnancy. I am so happy for you.
Post a Comment