Thursday, September 4, 2008

Colorado Springs

Sam started a new job the Monday before Labor Day. I have had it so nice this summer, because Sam has been working part time and going to school full time. But in the afternoons and evenings he would take care of the kids and I could get work done. Well no more of that. But things have been going well. I have actually made dinner for the last two weeks. (That is impressive for me) I have made 6 new recipes. Anyways back to my story. That Saturday we babysat for a friend of mine all day so we had 7 kids, and then Sunday I had to give my first grown up talk in Church. Can you believe it 29 and I finally got catch. So we decided we needed a little break so we headed to Colorado Springs for the rest of our Labor Day weekend. I was excited because it was a break with just our little family. We have gone on alot of little trips this summer, but this was the first for just the six of us.

We went to Seven Falls ( which was ok) But the coolest thing was going to the Cave of the Winds. It was awesome. So amazing down in that mountain. Here are some pictures from our mini little vacation.










6 comments:

This Girl said...

I love cave of the winds it's so fun. Glad you had a good weekend!

Garner Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I gave my first "big" talk in sacrament like 4 years ago and I got caught because I was the new bishops wife's visiting teacher. I opened my talk with "Look what happens when you do your visiting teaching!"

Brits said...

Oh I hate giving grown up talks. I wish the time limit was still two minutes.

Cut pictures!

Jenny said...

Your family is so cute!! I think mini vacations are my favorite. This place looks awesome, I haven't ever heard of it before.

Michelle said...

That looks awesome! I think that now my little family needs a mini vacation! Really cute pics.

Chantell Hammond said...

Good news Jamie!! I FINALLY updated your blog address on my blog. So now I can actually look at a current one. Took me long enough. I'm so lazy with that kind of stuff. Your family is so cute! We almost went to Cave of the Winds on Monday too, wish we did, it would have been fun to bump into you guys by accident, that's always exciting.