Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our Fall Vacation

Sam and I decided that now would be a perfect time to take our kids to Disneyland. Ellie still can't move and I didn't want to wait to go when she is older. We decided to drive and see some things on the way. It was kind of funny because we didn't tell the kids we were going to Disneyland. We just said we were going to see the Grand Canyon. They were all excited, except for Hayleigh... at first. She said "Well that doesn't seem fun", but after a while the boys had her convinced.

We left Friday after Sam got off work and drove to Las Vegas NM. I didn't even know there was such a place. We stayed there a night and then headed to Flagstaff. We got up early the next day and drove up to the Grand Canyon from Flagstaff. Here are the kids, they are so excited. ( Which I still like is funny, but I guess my kids are easy to please)

Cute Caleb won this Journal book at school the day before we left so he was writing down everything. I think it only lasted a day and he was done taking notes.


We only stayed for a little while. We just wanted to say we saw it. As we got back in the car, Sam and I being so mature, told the kids we were going home, that we had seen what we wanted too. They were all crying and upset. Which egged on Sam and I. I know we are way to immature to be parents of five kids. Eventually we let them know we were headed to Las Vegas.

Here are some pics of our stops along the way.




We also stopped at the Hoover Dam.
So I was feeling at a lot of emotions returning back to Vegas. I haven't been there since Gordon and I moved 4 years ago. It was hard to see our old house and neighborhood, but I am so happy that we stopped there. And Sam was amazing! I don't know how he deals with me and all of my emotions and ups and downs over Gordon. Yes it is all messed up!!!

Sooo as any good parent would to, we took our kids down to the strip.(I told them not to look at the ground and don't take anything for anyone) Of course we went to my favorite Casino. the Bellagio. I loved the fountains and could watch them for hours when I lived there. Gordon proposed there.

As we were walking towards the fountians Caden says "Mom thank you so much for taking us here and Dad thanks so much for agreeing". How true that was. Even though I was emotional, it was neat to see the looks in my families eyes as they were watching them!!!

We went by Caesars and they all wanted to make a wish. Hayleigh was cracking me up how hard she was thinking.

We hit up M&M world, and an old friend and then started heading to Disneyland. Sam and I still didn't know how we were going to tell the kids. So we decided we would just let them figure it out. We kept asking them different things, what they wanted to do in California etc. NOTHING.

So we got to our hotel and the entrance had Disney all over it. Still NOTHING. SO finally I asked them if they wanted to go to Disneyland. Their faces were shocked and they were so excited.




Gordon was almost big enough for every ride. Except two. So he just played on the rocks while we waited.
Ellie on her first ride. Dumbo!




Right after the Parade, we run over to see the princess before Disney closed. No one was really there so it was perfect. Hayleigh got to see everyone.
The girls


The boys were bummed and wanted a picture too.

The kids loved California Scream. It was nice because we had the baby swap pass, so we took turns having the kids go with the one that stayed with the baby. Here is Hayleigh ready to take off. Sam is excited.
Cotton Candy, Gotta love it!



Sam was so cute, He decided that Ellie would love a balloon. It glows in the dark and everything. Well the thing became an annoyance really fast. So we ended up popping it and saving the glow in the dark lamp.








After three days at Disneyland we went and stayed with my Aunt Leanne. Thanks you so much! We went and saw some of Sam's co workers in LA. And had lunch at IN and OUT by the LA airport. It is right next to where the planes land. So it was really cool to watch.
Aunt Leanne told us about a fun beach with tide pools.





The found crabs, starfish and some other stuff I don't know how to spell.


On Halloween we headed back. We stayed in a hotel that night and ordered pizza and had a swimming party. I felt kind of bad that they missed out on Trick N Treating, but come on they got to go to Disneyland.



While at California Adventure, we watched the high school musical parade thing. Here is Gordon dancing to the music. All my kids love to dance. They crack me up. When we got to Vegas we had been to the Grand Canyon that morning and then the car the rest of the day. We went out to dinner and they were just fighting with each other so we told them to sit quietly. This song came on in this Chinese restaurant and they all started moving slowly to the music and then they couldn't help them selves. Sam and I couldn't help but laugh.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

What a fun vacation! Your kids will never forget that!

MOM said...

This looks like it was great fun. I am sorry to say that I should have gone and experienced it first hand. You and Sam are great parents to give your kids these experiences. Great pictures.

Garner Family said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time! And look you were only a couple of hours away from me when you were at the Grand Canyon! Next time you'll have to make a detour.