Sunday, September 13, 2009

Washington DC

My brother made Honor Guard for the Air force and is stationed in Washington DC. My parents decided to drive out his car to him and to be there for his graduation. I decided that would be a perfect time for me to go to go back east for work. That way my mom could watch Ellie for me during the day. But since my parents were staying, I thought it would be fun to stay to and take a little vacation. I wished Sam was there, but one of us had to hold down the fort. It was still hard for me to leave Ellie all day. I am really attached to her.

My mom was so excited to see Tyler.


So was Ellie, Look at that grin. The last time we saw him was the day I brought her home from the hospital. When I saw we I mean Ellie and me. My parents saw him in July.


Ellie and Papa just chilling. Waiting for Tyler to move into his apartment.

Tyler and me at Arlington Cemetery. That is where he will be working most of the time.

I have never been in the cemetery before. It was really pretty and the views were amazing.

The white house. The funniest thing happened. We were at the Washington Monument. And my mom mention that they were doing tours again. And I have always wanted to go inside. So we decided to hurry over there, because it was still early, to see if we could get tickets. Well as we get there we see a group walking in, so we start following. Well this lady handing out maps, stopped us and said "are you with the FBI agent up there". We said no, and she said I didn't think so because of my diaper bag. Apparently you have to get tickets through your senator before hand. Oh well maybe next time. We were so close if I didn't have my bag.
This is my favorite thing in DC. It is the World War two memorial. I made my family go back at night time too. It is so pretty. We all know I am freaked out when it comes to spiders. I can't handle it. So Tyler being such a good brother, was telling me all about his run in with these spiders. As we were walking along this monument I noticed all of these spider webs. No spiders. So I was ok. Well when we came back a night time with all of the lights on. Guess what. The spiders were all there. They had huge bodies. It was like that movie. I don't know how to spell it. I was so grossed out. I just stayed in the middle. Tyler thought it was hilarious. Even emailed me a picture of one that night of one at the gas station. Love him!

Ellie loves being in her wrap. She prefers it over the stroller. She wasn't a big fan of her hat though.


Tyler being my little brother annoying the crap out of me! just kidding ty.



2 comments:

Mom said...

We sure had a good time. It was fun to have you and Ellie join us on this wonderful adventure. It was good of Tyler to give us an excuse to make the trip.

Joe and Nicole said...

What an awesome time!