After working with her for a few months, I was so excited to go and than found out we were expecting. Since I have issues with my blood pressure. My Dr didn't think it was a good idea for me to hike. But I was still able to go and be in camp. I was really sad that I couldn't hike and get the full experience. I was really upset about it until I was able to listen to the kids sweet testimonies and it made the whole experience for me.
Here is Sam at the rest area before we met up with the kids on the buses. There was 130 kids that came. You can just feel his excitement. He really was this excited the whole trek!
Here we are the first day before the rain hit. I decided to hike the first day at Martin's Cove.
Sam hiked the 2nd day while I set up camp. Which got out of control trying to dry out the tents and divide all of the kids stuff especially all the wet stuff. I was so happy to see Sam at the end of the day. Of course he was the last one back to camp because he stayed behind making sure everyone was ok. One thing I love about him.
Seriously there is nothing in Wyoming.
Here are the final pictures as the kids finished up the trek at the end of the day. I was so proud of them!
We had each of the kid's parents write them a letter so we could do the pony express on the last day. For some reason in my head I thought it would be on a real horse. But this cute little man rode in on a stick horse. It was one of the funniest things I have seen. But the kids were so excited to get letters from their parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment